Workforce Education and Development
A key part of our role is to support the educational development of researchers, students and clinical staff.
It is recognised in the Research Governance Framework that producing research of the highest scientific excellence can only be achieved through the employment of qualified professionals. We are fully committed to ensuring that our workforce is equipped with the appropriate skills, experience and support to enable them to continue to deliver high quality research care and services to both participants and investigators.
In order to achieve this, we have robust processes in place to ensure that staff have access to a wide range of learning and developmental opportunities and that learning and developmental activities are well managed, planned and co-ordinated. Examples of this include:
- Induction programme for all staff
- Induction/ learning portfolios
- Mentorship/ development programme for all nursing staff
- Support for staff wishing to undertake higher degrees
- Support for staff to attend research meetings, training courses and conferences
- Establishment of competencies for clinical staff
- Full comprehensive mandatory training programme