How to apply
Investigators should also arrange an informal meeting to discuss projects and their suitability.
When an investigator is ready to develop an application we will:
- Provide guidance through the application procedure, taking into account the application procedures of the investigator's host Trust and/or University
- Assist in the development of a fully-costed application [in liaison with the applicant's R&D Manager and/or University Research and Graduate Support Unit] for submission to our Scientific Advisory Board
This process will involve identifying the CRF resource requirements for the project, which of these resources are provided for within your Trust's contribution to the recurrent costs of the CRF (consortium partner researchers only), ensuring all other costs have an identified funding source. For further information, see:
- Guidance notes for applicants (Word 44KB)
- Scientific Advisory Board: Guidelines for designated members (Word 56KB)
- Scientific Advisory Board: Guidelines for members (Word 56KB)
Here is a schedule of application closing dates and SAB dates:
Completed application forms
Once the application form is complete, return it with copies of the following documents:
- Full protocol
- Application for ethical approval (where available)
- Confirmation of ethical approval (where available)
- One-page CV's of all applicants and members of the research team who will work in the facility
- Copy of the application for external funding (where applicable)
- Confirmation of external funding (where applicable/available)
- Copy of the authorised Pan Manchester Notification form or Trust R&D declaration form
- Confirmation of Trust R&D approval (where available)
Please note: Where documents are not available at the time of submission, then evidence of these must be provided before any project can commence in our facility.
For further queries on the application process or to discuss your research study, please contact our Research Study Manager via email@example.com or +44 (0)161 906 7517.